The pre-heat treatment of the CNC flame cutting machine is the most direct way to complete the temperature control of the cutting flame. At present, in the working model of the CNC flame cutting machine of many users, the temperature of the cutting flame is generally controlled on the control system. The combination of traditional flame cutting methods and numerical control technology makes the numerical control flame cutting machine more widely used in the market.
In actual cutting production, the use of a CNC flame cutting machine requires the operator to properly adjust the flame temperature before cutting. Need to consider the material of the cutting material, cutting thickness, cutting speed, and other aspects. We hope to cut successfully and guarantee the cutting quality at one time, so we need to determine the preheating and cutting flame according to the thickness of the workpiece, the type of cutting nozzle, and the quality requirements.
Matters needing attention in the preheat setting of flame cutting machine
1. The power (acetylene flow rate, oxygen flow rate) of the CNC flame cutting machine to preheat and cut the flame should increase with the increase of the thickness of the steel plate.
2. When cutting thick steel plates, the cutting flame of the CNC flame cutting machine should use a mild carbonized flame to prevent the upper edge of the incision from melting down and also make the outer flame longer.
3. When using diffusion cutting nozzles and oxygen curtain cutting nozzles to cut steel plates with a thickness of less than 20mm, the flame power should be larger to accelerate the healing of the cutting edge to the ignition point, to obtain a higher cutting speed.
4. When cutting steel with higher carbon content or higher alloying element content, because of their higher ignition point, the power of preheating the flame is greater.
5. When cutting the groove with a single cutting nozzle, the slag is blown to the outside of the incision. To supplement the heat, the power of the flame should be increased.
6. Use petroleum gas or natural gas as the gas of the CNC flame cutting machine, because its flame temperature is low, and the preheating time is longer; when cutting small parts and other occasions where frequent preheating is required, the flame can be adjusted to improve the cutting efficiency It becomes an oxidizing flame, and then returns to a neutral flame after starting to cut.
Problems encountered in preheating the flame
The operation and use of the CNC flame cutting machine will still have some problems such as poor cutting quality due to improper preheating. After all, flame-cutting requires flame adjustment before cutting. It specifically includes the judgment of the temperature control of the cutting flame, the air supply pressure, and the cutting thickness. The factors affecting the quality of flame cutting can be reflected in the length of control of the preheating time of the CNC flame cutting machine. If the time is too long or too short, the temperature of the flame body will not be sufficiently grasped, and it may cause problems such as inability to perforate or excessively large slits during actual cutting. To facilitate users to more accurately judge whether the preheating time of the cutting flame is appropriate, Huafei CNC will separately explain the cutting effect performance of the preheating time control length of the CNC flame cutting machine.
The preheating time of the CNC flame cutting machine is too long
If the preheating time of the CNC flame cutting machine is too long, it is easy to cause the cutting slit to be too wide. At the same time, the temperature of the flame center is concentrated, which makes the thermal deformation in the cutting range more obvious. In the actual cutting process, the upper edge of the incision may collapse and granular droplets may adhere. The cutting surface is not flat, the roughness becomes worse, and the bottom edge of the incision sticks to the phenomenon.
In addition to shortening the flame preheating time, the method to deal with the above phenomenon can also adjust the cutting torch height or reduce the cutting oxygen pressure to control the combustion temperature of the CNC flame cutting machine.
The preheating time of the CNC flame cutting machine is too short
The preheating time of the CNC flame cutting machine is too short, and the cutting flame is not fully burned. The insufficient ability to cut torch to start cutting and piercing, which is easy to cause the cutting speed to slow down. It is prone to cutting interruption, cutting tempering, and increasing post drag. When the flame center temperature of the CNC flame cutting machine is not enough, it is directly manifested that the cutting cannot perforate, and the experienced operator will redesign the cutting parameters and the length of the preheating time.