The welding roller is a commonly used welding auxiliary device widely used in the welding production process. Mainly rely on the friction between the weldment and the active roller to drive the rotation of the cylindrical weldment, combined with the welding manipulator, welding positioner, etc., can realize the automatic welding of the inner and outer circumferential seams, fillet welds, and inner and outer longitudinal seams of the weldment.
Classification of welding roller
The self-adjusting welding roller is displacement equipment that uses the friction between the active roller and the weldment to drive the workpiece to rotate. The swing angle of the wheelset can be automatically adjusted according to the diameter of the workpiece, and the center can be automatically adjusted. It is mainly used for the assembly or welding of cylindrical workpieces such as pipes, containers, boilers, oil tanks, etc. When matched with a welding manipulator and welding power source, it can realize the welding of the inner and outer longitudinal seams and the inner and outer circumferential seams of the workpiece.
The adjustable welding roller consists of a driving wheel and a driven wheel. Two motors, respectively, drive the active roller operation. The speed regulating controller realizes step-less speed change through frequency conversion speed regulation or electromagnetic speed regulation through the speed regulating motor. The linear speed of the workpiece rotation is 6-60 meters/hour, which can meet the needs of manual welding, automatic surfacing, automatic submerged arc welding, other different welding needs, and various riveting of the workpiece. The distance between the main and driven rollers can be adjusted by screw or screw division to meet the welding requirements of workpieces of different specifications.
The anti-sweeping welding roller is made into a liftable type based on the adjustable welding roller, the roller of the driven frame is made up and down, the photoelectric encoder is used to detect the amount of movement of the workpiece, and the system controller controls the lifting of the driven roller. The displacement detection frame is placed at one end of the workpiece, and the detection wheel is pressed on the end surface of the workpiece (the end surface must be processed). The detection wheel can rotate with the workpiece. When the workpiece moves axially, the detection wheel will follow the workpiece and the photoelectric coding. The detector detects the movement amount and direction of the workpiece, and its signal is input to the system controller for processing. The controller will adjust the lifting stroke, lifting speed, lifting the interval time of the driven roller according to the amount of movement, and controlling up or down according to the direction of movement. The amount of movement of the workpiece always fluctuates between -1.5mm and +1.5mm, so that the movement of the workpiece is limited to a certain range, which can meet the needs of welding.
The walking welding roller is based on the self-adjusting welding roller, and the track is added below so that the welding roller can drag the workpiece to travel, saving manpower. It is generally used in large pipeline automatic welding production lines.
The working principle and application of welding roller
Working principle: The transmission device drives the active roller, and the friction between the active roller and the cylindrical workpiece is used to drive the workpiece to rotate to achieve rotational displacement, which can realize the horizontal position welding of the inner and outer circumferential seams of the workpiece and the inner and outer longitudinal seams. It is equipped with automatic welding equipment. Can realize automatic welding.
Application: Mainly used for cylindrical assembly and welding. If the height of the main and driven rollers is adjusted appropriately, the assembly and welding of the vertebral body and the segmental unequal rotation body can also be carried out. For some non-round and long weldments, if installed in a special ring clamp, they can also be assembled and welded on the welding roller. The welding roller can also be used with manual welding to test and cylindrical assembly workpieces. The use of the welding roller can greatly improve the quality of the weld, reduce labor intensity, and improve work efficiency.
Structural characteristics of welding roller
1. It can be combined arbitrarily according to the weight and length of the weldment, which is convenient and flexible to use;
2. The center distance of the rollers is automatically adjusted within the specified range, suitable for weldments of different diameters, and the cylindrical weldment is placed stably;
3. SCR-powered DC motor drive, step-less speed regulation, a wide range of welding speed, and stable speed;
4. Strong applicability and widely used;
5. Combined rollers, steel wheels outsourcing rubber, stable transmission, high friction, and long life;
6. Small wheel pressure on the workpiece can avoid cold work hardening on the working surface.
The safe operation process of welding roller
1. The welding roller should be installed in a strong, ventilated, rainproof, moisture-proof, dust-proof, and far away from severe vibrations and bumps. It is strictly forbidden to spray corrosive liquids on the equipment.
2. It is strictly forbidden to spray corrosive liquids on the equipment. When the main and driven roller are installed simultaneously, it is necessary to ensure that the level of the main and driven frames is equal, the centerline is on the same straight line, and the diagonal line of the main and driven is measured for adjustment.
3. Requirements for placing the workpiece: The diameter and weight of the workpiece should be strictly by the design regulations; otherwise, safety accidents may occur. Adjust the distance between the main and auxiliary wheels appropriately according to the length of the equipment.
4. The rubber wheel is only suitable for working under normal temperature. In special circumstances, the maximum temperature of the contact between the workpiece and the rubber wheel is not higher than 75 degrees. Otherwise, the rubber wheel may be damaged.
5. When using, the roller should fully contact the workpiece, and it is strictly forbidden to contact with welds or sharp parts. At the same time, when lifting the workpiece, it is strictly forbidden to hit the roller to prevent damage to the roller or other parts. If the equipment is not fixed, it is very likely to hit the roller vigorously. Lead to the subversion of the whole machine.
6. The debugging roller is gradually adjusted from low speed to high speed when starting. When changing the direction of rotation, the motor can be switched only after the motor stops. Otherwise, it will easily cause the motor to burn. During operation, it is strictly forbidden to separate humans and machines, and it is strictly forbidden to stand within the radius of rotation of the workpiece.
7. To ensure the performance of the equipment, the transmission parts should be filled with enough lubricating oil before use, and the equipment should be filled in the daily maintenance record form. After the whole machine has been used for a period of time, it should be checked regularly, and the maintenance record form should be filled in.
8. The equipment uses a three-phase 380V AC power supply, and the power inlet must pass through an air switch for safe operation. When the equipment is debugged, turn on the power, press the start button, and observe the rotation of the driving wheel. Whether the speed adjustment is normal, if there is an abnormality, The power should be cut off immediately to find the cause. Power on and test the machine after troubleshooting.
9. Check and remove the obstacles on the equipment before use, and it needs to be used and kept by a special person. Do not contact with oil and fire on the parts of the roller frame (rubber wheels).
Maintenance and maintenance of welding roller
1. Check and remove the obstacles on the machine before welding and use and keep it by a special person. Do not touch the oil and fire when the roller frame is connected and fill the oil holes frequently.
2. Rolling bearings: Lubricate through the oil cap on the bearing cover. Sodium-based grease is recommended.
3. Transmission gear: For the first use, you need to remove the gear shield that is added actively and apply a proper amount of grease on the gear. Sodium-based grease is recommended. During use, lubricating grease can be filled through the oil filling hole on the gear cover, and foreign matter is strictly prohibited from falling into the gear.
4. Cycloidal pinwheel reducer: Please add grease as required before use. It is recommended to use grease-2#, molybdenum disulfide-2#, or 2L-23 lithium-based grease at room temperature. The amount of grease loaded is 1/2-1/3 of the volume of the reducer. It is not advisable to add too much grease. Otherwise, it will generate heat of stirring. Grease needs to be changed every six months.
5. To ensure the performance of the equipment, all transmission parts should be checked for lubrication regularly and irregularly. The cycloid reducer must be checked monthly to make up for lubricating oil.
6. All transmission parts have not been lubricated and are strictly prohibited from use.
7. Before restarting the equipment that has been sealed for a long time, the grease must be replaced.
8. During use, the roller should fully contact the workpiece. It is strictly forbidden for the welding seam or sharp parts to touch the roller to avoid damage to the roller.
9. When hoisting and placing the workpiece, it is strictly forbidden to hit the roller vigorously to prevent damage to the roller or other parts. When the device is not fixed, a strong impact may cause the device to overturn.
10. When the roller frame is used for a small diameter cylinder, if the cylinder moves axially, the adjusting bolt under the arc plate can be adjusted to adjust the lifting position of the roller (within a certain range) to ensure the cylinder The working position is in the best condition.